The EverDrive "Safe Driving Challenge"
No purchase or payment of any kind necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. This promotion is intended for play in the United States only and will be governed by U.S. Law. Do not enter if you are not eligible and located in the United States at the time of Enter. Standard data rates may apply.
Apple is not a sponsor or otherwise associated with the contest and sweepstakes. Prizes are not Apple products and Apple is not responsible in any manner for the promotions.
To Enter the Main Contest: During the Contest Period visit the EverDrive Contest website (https://www.everquote.com/everdrive/) on your mobile device, follow the instructions on the page to download and install the free EverDrive app (“App”), and follow the directions in the App to register an account. You will be automatically registered for the Main Contest. The App will be available beginning on April 5, 2016; Main Contest participants may download and install it any time after this date, including throughout the Contest Period. Limit one (1) EverDrive Contest account per person, and one (1) per device. To be eligible for Main Contest prizes you must authorize the App to access your location, and participants must complete a minimum of fourteen (14) driving trips (“Trip(s)”) that are in the aggregate at least eighty (80) total miles during the Contest Period. The App must be running while participants complete the Trips. All registrations/entries must be complete with all information to be eligible. Any Trips taken or miles driven while the App is not running will not be accounted for, for purposes of the Main Contest.
To Enter the City/Town Contest: During the Contest Period visit the EverDrive Contest website (https://www.everquote.com/everdrive/) on your mobile device, follow the instructions on the page to download and install the App, and follow the directions in the App to register an account. At least twenty (20) eligible registrations per City/Town (as defined below) are required to activate the City/Town Contest in such City/Town (“Threshold”). The City/Town Contest will not be activated and conducted unless and until the Threshold number of required eligible registrations have been submitted during the Contest Period (“Activated”). Once the City/Town Contest is Activated for a given City/Town, eligible participants who register with the same City/Town will automatically be registered for the applicable City/Town Contest. In the event the Threshold number of eligible entries for any given City/Town is not met during the Contest Period, no City/Town Contest will begin for such City/Town. All registrations/entries must be complete with all information to be eligible. Limit one (1) EverDrive Contest account per person, and one (1) per device. To be eligible for City/Town Contest prizes you must authorize the App to access your location, and participants must complete a minimum of twelve (12) Trips that are in the aggregate at least eighty (80) total miles during the Contest Period. The App must be running while participants complete the Trips. Any Trips taken or miles driven while the App is not running will not be accounted for, for purposes of the City/Town Contest.
To Enter the Sweepstakes: All participants who download and install the App between April 5, 2016 and June 25, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”), and register an account will earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes Prize drawings. A participant will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes for each Day during the Sweepstakes Period the participant records a new Trip on the App. “Day” is defined as starting at 12:00:01 a.m. EDT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT. To receive a Sweepstakes entry without recording a Trip: mail a standard size postcard, only, containing your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, and email address to: PO Box 612, Marblehead, MA 01945; Attn: EverDrive Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) mail-in entry per person per day. No facsimiles or mechanical reproduction of entries allowed. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 25, 2016 and received by July 2, 2016. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or postage-due mail/entries.
Main Contest Winner Selection: The participant with the highest aggregate qualifying driving score as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. The participants with the next forty (40) highest driving score will each be deemed a Runner-up winner, subject to verification.
City/Town Contest Winner Selection Up to two thousand (2000) participants from the City/Town Contests that are Activated who have the highest aggregate driving score for their designated City/Town will each be deemed a City/Town winner, subject to verification. No City/Town shall have more than 1 winner.
One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000 will be awarded in the form of a check made payable in the name of the Grand Prize winner. Retail value of Grand Prize is $10,000.
Forty (40) Runner-up Prizes: $100 will be awarded in the form of a check made payable in the name of each Runner-up Prize winner. Retail value of each Runner-up Prize is $100.
Up to Two thousand (2,000) City/Town Contest Prizes: Minimum prize per qualifying City/Town will be $10. Total Prizes across all qualifying Cities/Towns will be $31,000. Retail value of each City/Town Prize is $10.
Fifty (50) Sweepstakes Prizes: $100 each. Retail value of each Sweepstakes Prize is $100.
Prizes are non-transferable. All prizes will be awarded, provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Winners are fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local income taxes on their prizes. Winners of prizes with a retail value of $600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form for the value of the prize won. No eligible participant may win more than one (1) Contest Prize and one (1) Sweepstakes Prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All prize winners are subject to verification by Promosis, Inc. before any prize will be awarded.
- Contest Overview The EverDrive “Safe Driving Challenge” sponsored by EverQuote, Inc. (“Sponsor”) consists of three (3) components: a Safe Driving Challenge (“Main Contest”), a City/Town Safe Driving Challenge (“City/Town Contest”, together with Main Contest, “Contest”) and a random drawing Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”, together with Contest, “Promotion(s)”). The Sweepstakes begins on April 5, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on June 25, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (“Sweepstakes Period”); the Contest begins on June 12, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. EDT and ends on June 25, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (“Contest Period”).
- Contest Play, Scoring & Prizes: Contest winners will be determined based on each participant’s aggregate qualifying driving score as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, at the conclusion of the Contest Period. In the event of a tie among qualifying Contest scores, the tiebreaker will be the total number of miles driven during the Contest Period; the tied participant with the highest number of total miles driven will be determined the winner of that prize. If there is a further tie between participants’ total number of miles driven, the tied participants will split the prize evenly, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator.
- Sweepstakes Drawings and Prizes: Sweepstakes Prize Winners will be determined via random drawings from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted on or around July 5, 2016, by Promosis, Inc.
- Leaderboard: During the Contest Period, the top 100 participants’ driving scores will be posted on the Contest Leaderboard, available through the App. Driving scores will be determined by the App, based on several quality of driving measurements. Scores will appear in the upper section of the Leaderboard after driving minimums (as specified above) have been met by the participant or the App predicts that you will meet the driving minimums by the end of the Contest Period. Scores posted on the Leaderboard are not final until verified by Sponsor.
- Additional Contest Regulations: The App must be downloaded and installed on a qualifying smartphone (click here for a list of qualifying phones). Upon installation of the App, Promotion registration, and the first few trips, the App will determine your city/town (“City/Town”) for the purposes of Contest play; participants may not change the App-determined City/Town. All Contest Trips must be by the account registrant. Sponsor and/or Promosis, Inc. reserve the right to void all Contest driving Trips and Sweepstakes entries by any entrant who tampers with the App or takes an action to circumvent the fair play of the Contest and/or Sweepstakes, including but not limited to establishing multiple accounts by using multiple/different or fraudulent email addresses or identities, or any other entry method that is not allowed under these Official Rules. Promotion registration must be complete with a valid email address. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any online entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the person identified as the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of online registration (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address).
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by Promosis, Inc., whose decisions in all matters relating to this Promotion are final. Winners will be notified via email to the address provided during registration, with potential follow-up notification via US Mail. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Winners will be required to complete a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release or Winner Verification and liability/publicity release that must be returned and received within seven (7) days of the date emailed or mailed to potential winner; prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. If a winner fails to comply with the obligations set forth in the preceding sentence or is found to be ineligible for any reason or fails to comply with these Official Rules, then he or she shall forfeit the prize. If a Contest Prize is forfeited, the prize will be awarded to the eligible participant with the next highest aggregate driving score; if a Sweepstakes Prize is forfeited, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries received for the original drawing. Odds of winning a sweepstakes prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received. By accepting a prize, each winner consents (and agrees to confirm in writing, if requested) to the use of his/her full name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for promotional and publicity purposes without territorial or time limitations in any form of media without further payment, consideration, notification, or limitation (except as prohibited by applicable law). All Federal, State, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Limitation of Liability The Sponsor, Administrator, promotion partners, and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, or agents are not responsible for typographical errors in any Promotion-related materials; any individual's inability to participate in the Promotion or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners, including but not limited to due to unavailable network, server, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; any damage to any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, any technical, computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, or human error, of any kind; any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor or their promotion partners that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, including theft, destruction or alteration of entries, or website tampering; and any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, misrepresentation, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Promotion should any of the foregoing occurrences corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. If the Promotion is canceled for any reason, including but not limited to those listed above, winners will be determined in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, Administrator, promotion partners, and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, or agents shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this Promotion or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Dispute Resolution: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your return address to: EverDrive “Safe Driving Challenge” Contest Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by September 25, 2016. Names of winners will be available only after winners have been verified and prizes officially awarded. Do not send entries or other correspondence to this address.
- Administrator/Judging Organization: Promosis, Inc., 18 Prospect Street, Marblehead, MA 01945
- Sponsor: EverQuote, Inc., 210 Broadway, Suite 402, Cambridge, MA 02139.