Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are EverQuote insurance leads higher quality than other lead providers?
- How are EverQuote leads generated?
- Can I target specific prospective clients to match my business?
- What are EverQuote’s lead filters?
- Can I buy ‘exclusive’ leads?
- What is EverQuote’s price for leads?
- How do I receive EverQuote leads?
- Can more employees in my office receive lead notifications?
- What Lead Management and Rating Systems does EverQuote integrate with?
- Can I pause my account at any time?
- What is EverQuote’s cancellation policy?
- How will credit requests be handled?
- How are payments made?
- Can I make changes to my account settings after I sign up?
- How do I get started?
- Still have questions?
Why are EverQuote insurance leads higher quality than other lead providers?
At EverQuote, quality is everything to us. We are dedicated to being the best lead provider – bar none. Here are just a few ways we exceed the competition:
- 100% of our leads are generated from prospects coming to our auto insurance websites like www.EverQuote.com, filling out 42 pieces of personal information and submitting a request for an insurance quote. Most providers purchase leads from other sources instead of finding high-intent clients.
- We limit distribution so that you never compete with more than 2 other agents – the absolute best in the industry. Competitors will often sell a lead to 8 different agents.
- We only deliver leads in real-time. This means that when you receive a lead from EverQuote, you can be assured that prospect requested a quote only seconds earlier. We never recycle or aggregate – period.
As a result, agents report close rates two to three times their normal rate.
How are EverQuote leads generated?
At EverQuote, we take pride in generating and qualifying all of our leads and never buy 3rd party leads. This means we know where the prospects came from, what type of auto insurance they are seeking, and most importantly, validate that they requested a quote and are actively seeking an auto insurance quote in your territory.
How it Works:
- Prospective clients come to one of our auto insurance websites when searching online, through sources including major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc).
- Each prospect is then required to provide 42 pieces of detailed information, including their driving history, status and insurance requirements. They must then explicitly confirm they are seeking an auto insurance quote.
- On completion, the prospect’s information is delivered in real-time to an agent targeting that type of client in that location.
EverQuote.com and USAutoInsuranceNow.com are examples of our auto insurance websites. We encourage you to visit one of these sites in order to understand our unique consumer experience and rigorous filters we incorporate to validate the true intent of our leads.
Can I target specific prospective clients to match my business?
Yes! Agents can target the exact clients they are looking for:
- Select the specific risk profiles you’d like to target
- Pinpoint your territory by zip codes
- Identify time of day and days of week to receive leads
- Set a daily lead cap based on your business goals
Being able to customize these settings ensures that you stay in complete control of your budget and spend less time chasing leads and more time writing policies.
What are EverQuote’s lead filters?
EverQuote offers the following four lead types: Risk Filter Premium * Preferred * Standard * Non-Standard * Drivers Age Age 25 or above 25 or above 20 or above Any Age Insurance Status Currently insured Currently insured May be insured May be insured Accidents No at-fault accidents No at-fault accidents No at-fault accidents May have multiple accidents Tickets up to 1 ticket up to 1 ticket up to 2 ticket May have multiple accidents DUI & SR-22 No DUI or SR-22 No DUI or SR-22 No DUI or SR-22 May have DUI or SR-22 Homeowner Status Home Owner May be a Home Owner May be a Home Owner May be a Home Owner Credit Rating — self reported Excellent or Good Any Any Any
Can I buy 'exclusive' leads?
Yes! An 'exclusive' lead is provided to only one agent, meaning you have no competition for that unique prospect. To receive exclusive leads you must also elect to receive shared leads (your account balance will reflect the purchase type of each lead you receive). Leads not purchased exclusively may be provided to a maximum of 3 agents, the absolute lowest distribution in the industry.
What is EverQuote’s price for leads?
Prices vary based on the lead type (risk profile), and your eligibility for participation in the various subsidy programs.
For more detailed information on lead pricing, and the subsidy you may qualify for, please contact us:tel: (844) 707-8800
How do I receive EverQuote leads?
Our leads are delivered to you via email or to your lead management system. You choose.
Can more employees in my office receive lead notifications?
Yes! You can add as many users to your account as you like. Simply go to Account > User Management to send an invitation to a new user. You can also update your user’s account setting here to give or restrict access to different features within your EverQuote Pro account.
What Lead Management and Rating Systems does EverQuote integrate with?
We currently integrate with the following systems, and are always working to add more based on our agents' needs:
- Blitz Lead
- Lead Management Lab
- Lead Capsule
- My Life Protected
Can I pause my account at any time?
Yes! We give you the tools to manage your account how you see fit, so you remain in complete control of your budget. You can set specific hours of operation to ensure you receive leads only when you can work them. You can also pause your account and set a specific time for it to resume activity.
What is EverQuote’s cancellation policy?
While we hope you will be a long-term partner, there is no minimum period or spend when you work with us. We let our quality speak for itself and over 90% of agents purchasing 50 leads are still using EverQuote as a main source for new clients.
In the unlikely event you decide to stop receiving our leads, you may cancel your account immediately – no questions asked. Your unused account balance will be fully refunded.
How will credit requests be handled?
You can quickly process a credit request directly through our EverQuote Pro platform, up to 15 days after receiving a lead.
The high quality of our leads means that our agents’ return rates are very low, averaging about 5.6%.
We are also sensitive to the unique experiences of our agents and all requests over 10% will be reviewed by our quality team on a case-by-case basis, and responded to appropriately.
How are payments made?
We believe that you should remain in control of your budget. EverQuote operates a ‘pay as you go’ system. Credit cards are charged a set amount entered by the agent at sign-up.
When your account balance falls below $25, your credit card will be automatically charged for the amount you have specified.
Should you choose to cancel your account, the remainder of your account balance will be fully refunded.
Can I make changes to my account settings after I sign up?
Yes! EverQuote Pro is designed to be easy to use and completely self-service. You can change your territories, lead types, lead cap, delivery settings, payment options and much more. Even though you have the ability to make these updates, our Account Managers are available to help and are specialized in selecting optimal settings based on your business needs. Call (844) 707-8800 and we’d be happy to help!
How do I get started?
Create an Account:
Go to pro.everquote.com and set up your account. It takes about 5 minutes and is really easy!
Our experienced team of Account Managers work with captive and independent agents every day to walk them through the sign-up process and set their accounts up for success. We would be happy to provide you an estimate of lead volume available in your territory, and answer questions you may have about how agents grow their book of business with our support.tel: (844) 707-8800
- Create an Account:
Still have questions?
Please contact us directly! Whether you have questions about our leads, services or how more than 7,000 agents are using us to grow their business and reduce their “cost per acquisition,” our Account Managers are available to help!tel: (844) 707-8800