California Driver's Handbook
This manual will help individuals qualify for a California Driver's License and become safer drivers.
Click here to download the full PDF version of the California Driver's Handbook.
Here's a list of the chapters in the driving manual.
- Chapter 1 - General Information
- Chapter 2 - The California Driver License
- Chapter 3 - Obtaining a Driver License
- Chapter 4 - Driver License Classes
- Chapter 5 - The Examination Process
- Chapter 6 - Minors
- Chapter 7 - Miscellaneous Licensing Information
- Chapter 8 - Occupant Protection
- Chapter 9 - Traffic Controls
- Chapter 10 - Laws and Rules of the Road
- Chapter 11 - Visual Search
- Chapter 12 - Lane Control
- Chapter 13 - Turns
- Chapter 14 - Parking
- Chapter 15 - Safe Driving Practices
- Chapter 16 - Vehicle Positioning
- Chapter 17 - Sharing the Road
- Chapter 18 - Special Driving Situations
- Chapter 19 - Handling Emergencies
- Chapter 20 - Driver Readiness
- Chapter 21 - Alcohol and Drugs
- Chapter 22 - Additional Driving Laws / Rules
- Chapter 23 - Administrative
- Chapter 24 - Driver License Fast Facts and other Publications
After studying, be sure to practice online before going for your test. Several practices tests can be found here.