This manual will help individuals qualify for a New York State Driver's License and inform them on how to become a safer driver.
Click here for access to the NYS Driver's Manual.
Here's a list of the chapters in the Driving Manual.
- Chapter 1 - Driver Licenses
- Chapter 2 - Keeping Your License
- Chapter 3 - Owning a Vehicle
- Chapter 4 - Traffic Control
- Chapter 5 - Intersections and Turns
- Chapter 6 - Passing
- Chapter 7 - Parallel Parking
- Chapter 8 - Defensive Driving
- Chapter 9 - Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Chapter 10 - Special Driving Conditions
- Chapter 11 - Sharing the Road
- Chapter 12 - If You Are In a Traffic Crash
After studying, be sure to practice online before going for your test. Several practices tests can be found here.
Motorcycle Operator Manual
This manual gives instructions for obtaining a motorcycle license.