The New York Motorcycle Safety Program (NYSMSP) offers education programs for all levels of riders.
- Basic Riders Course (BRC)
- This is for new riders.
- This includes 5 hours of classroom instruction and 10 hours of riding instruction.
- Motorcycles and helmets are provided for the course.
- $275-$350 enrollment fee.
- Successful graduates earn a license waiver that allows you to apply for a "Class M" Motorcycle License without taking the motorcycle road test. You must have a NYS driver's license and a Motorcycle Learner's Permit.
- An MSP Course Completion may also earn you a discount on your motorcycle insurance.
- Basic Rider Course 2 License Waiver
- You must have basic skills already.
- Successful graduates earn road test License Waiver.
- Advanced Riders Course (ARC)
- The ARC is a 1-day course that complements a rider’s basic skills.
- Range exercises improve skills and crash avoidance skills.
- Braking and cornering are emphasized.
More information on NYSMSF can be found here.