Vintage cars are an investment you want protected. Keeping your classic car maintained and restored is one step. Whether you drive your car much or not, making sure you have the best classic car insurance policy in place is also important.
Why you need classic auto insurance
You can't settle for a regular car insurance policy for a vintage vehicle. Unlike regular cars, vintage cars gain value the older they get. Classic car insurance is a type of coverage tailored for these vehicles and their owners.
- Covers property damage and injuries you cause to others. States require a minimum car insurance amounts for liability insurance.
Agreed value insurance
- Allows you and your insurer to agree on your car's worth -- and will pay out all of this value if your car is totaled.
Collision and comprehensive coverage
- Pays for damage to your vehicle following accidents, weather, fire, vandalism, animal collisions and other disasters. Also covers car theft.
Uninsured motorist insurance
- Pays your medical bills if a driver without insurance crashes into you. More: Uninsured motorist insurance
Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Covers your injuries regardless of who caused the accident.
- Covers towing fees, flat tires, lockout services and battery jump-starts.
- Reimburses you for hotels, rental cars and meals if your trip is delayed after an accident
Auto show medical reimbursement
- Covers the injuries of you and your family if you're injured at an auto show or other car event.
No attendance required
- Covers the vehicle if you are away from it at an auto show.
Spare parts coverage
- Covers car parts that may be hard to find.
Finding the best classic car insurance
To find the best classic car insurance company, look for the best coverage at a cost-efficient rate. Factors that can influence your insurance costs include:
- How much you drive your automobile, if at all.
- Any modifications you have on your vehicle.
- Your vehicle's age.
- What type of classic automobile it is, if not a traditional vintage car.
Classic car insurance companies