The EverDrive "Safe Driving Challenge"
No purchase or payment of any kind necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. This promotion is intended for play in the United States, only, and will be governed by U.S. Law. Do not enter if you are not eligible and located in the United States at the time of entry. Standard data rates may apply.
1. Contest Overview: The EverDrive App “Safe Driving Challenge” (“Contest”) sponsored by EverQuote, Inc. (“Sponsor”) begins on June 7, 2017 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends on September 4, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
2. To Enter: During the Contest Period, visit the EverDrive Contest website (https://www.everquote.com/everdrive) on your mobile device, follow the instructions on the page to download and install the App, and follow the directions in the App to register an account. At least twenty (20) eligible registrations per US state (“State” as defined below) are required to activate the Contest in such State (“Threshold”). The Contest will not be activated and conducted in any State unless and until the Threshold number of required eligible registrations have been submitted during the Contest Period (“Activated”). Once the Contest is Activated for a given State, eligible participants who register with the same State will automatically be registered for the applicable Contest. In the event the Threshold number of eligible entries for any given State is not met during the Contest Period, no Contest will begin for such State. All registrations/entries must be complete with all information to be eligible. Limit one (1) EverDrive Contest account per person, and one (1) per device. To be eligible for Contest prizes you must authorize the App to access your location and any other smartphone sensors the App requests. Participants must complete a minimum of twelve (12) Trips that are in the aggregate at least eighty (80) total miles during the Contest Period. The App must be running while participants complete the Trips. Any Trips taken or miles driven while the App is not running will not be accounted for, for purposes of the Contest.
4. Winner Determination: Activated contest participants who have the highest aggregate driving score for their designated State will each be deemed a State Prize winner, subject to verification. No State shall have more than one (1) winner. Contest winners will be determined based on each participant’s aggregate qualifying driving score in the final two (2) weeks as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, at the conclusion of the Contest Period. In the event of a tie among qualifying Contest scores, the tiebreaker will be the total number of miles driven during the Contest Period; the tied participant with the highest number of total miles driven will be determined the winner of that prize. If there is a further tie between participants’ total number of miles driven, the tied participants will split the prize evenly, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator. See section 8, below, for further definition of qualified driving.
5. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by Promosis, Inc., whose decisions in all matters relating to this Promotion are final. Winners will be notified via email to the address provided during registration, with potential follow-up notification via US Mail. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Winners (or winner’s parent/legal guardian, if a minor) will be required to complete a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release and educational institution or educational account designation form that must be returned and received within seven (7) days of the date emailed or mailed to potential winner. If a winner fails to comply with the obligations set forth in the preceding sentence or is found to be ineligible for any reason or fails to comply with these Official Rules, then he or she shall forfeit the prize. If a Contest Prize is forfeited, the prize will be awarded to the eligible participant with the next highest aggregate driving score in the respective State. By accepting a prize, each winner consents (and agrees to confirm in writing, if requested) to the use of his/her full name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for promotional and publicity purposes without territorial or time limitations in any form of media without further payment, consideration, notification, or limitation (except as prohibited by applicable law). All Federal, State, and local laws and regulations apply.
6. Prizes: Fifty (50) State Prizes – one (1) awarded to the winner in each State: a $1,000 scholarship in form of a check made payable on behalf of the winner to a current educational institution or paid into an educational savings fund on behalf of the winner or the winner’s designee. Retail value of each State Prize is $1,000. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her State of residency, the potential winner will be asked to provide proof of being a licensed driver in that State. If a potential winner is not a current or future student at the time of Contest prize award, that winner may designate a current or future student (“Designated Student”) to whom the prize will be awarded. Each potential winner or winner’s Designated Student must provide evidence of educational institution enrollment and enrollment information for prize payment directly to the educational institution; alternatively, the prize may be paid into an established educational savings account on behalf of a future student. All prizes will be awarded, provided the Threshold number of registrations has been reached in all States, and they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Winners are fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local income taxes on their prizes. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form for the value of the prize won. No eligible participant may win more than one (1) prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All prize winners are subject to verification by Promosis, Inc. before any prize will be awarded.
7. Leaderboard: During the Contest Period, the top participant’s driving score in each State will be posted on the Contest Leaderboard, available through the App. Driving scores will be determined by the App, based on several quality of driving measurements. Scores will appear in the upper section of the Leaderboard after driving minimums (as specified above) have been met by the participant or the App predicts that you will meet the driving minimums by the end of the Contest Period. Scores posted on the Leaderboard are not final until verified by Sponsor.
8. Additional Contest Regulations: The App must be downloaded and installed on a qualifying smartphone. Upon installation of the App, Promotion registration, and the first few trips, the App will determine your state (“State”) for the purposes of Contest play; participants may not change the App-determined State. All Contest Trips must be by the account registrant. Sponsor and/or Promosis, Inc. reserve the right to void any or all Contest driving Trips by any entrant who tampers with the App or takes an action to circumvent the fair play of the Contest, including but not limited to establishing multiple accounts by using multiple/different or fraudulent email addresses or identities, or any other entry method that is not allowed under these Official Rules. All Contest Trips must be normal, in-traffic driving patterns, only. Other, non-qualifying driving, such as driving on a track, will be disqualified. Promotion registration must be complete with a valid email address. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any online entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the person identified as the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of online registration (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address).
9. Limitation of Liability: The Sponsor, Administrator, promotion partners, and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, or agents are not responsible for typographical errors in any Promotion-related materials; any individual's inability to participate in the Promotion or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners, including but not limited to due to unavailable network, server, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; any damage to any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, any technical, computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, or human error, of any kind; any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor or their promotion partners that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, including theft, destruction or alteration of entries, or website tampering; and any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, misrepresentation, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Promotion should any of the foregoing occurrences corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. If the Promotion is canceled for any reason, including but not limited to those listed above, winners will be determined in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor and Administrator. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, Administrator, promotion partners, and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, or agents shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this Promotion or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
10. Dispute Resolution: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: For the names of the winners, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your return address to: EverDrive “Safe Driving Challenge” Contest Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by December 4, 2017. Names of winners will be available only after winners have been verified and prizes officially awarded. Do not send entries or other correspondence to this address.
12. Administrator/Judging Organization: Promosis, Inc., 18 Prospect Street, Marblehead, MA 01945
13. Sponsor: EverQuote, Inc., 210 Broadway, Suite 402, Cambridge, MA 02139
Apple is not a sponsor or otherwise associated with this contest. Prizes are not Apple products and Apple is not responsible in any manner for the promotions.
© 2017 Promosis, Inc.