Fast, Free Auto Insurance Quotes
Minimum car insurance in Nevada
Liability car insurance is essential coverage. If you cause a car accident, it pays for damage and medical bills for others. If you take a gamble and buy only the minimum required liability insurance, you could find yourself being sued for car accident bills that are not covered by insurance.
Minimum liability insurance in Nevada:
- $15,000 bodily injury per person
- $30,000 bodily injury per accident
- $10,000 property damage per accident
This is often written as 15/30/10.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage:
- Nevada auto insurance companies must offer you UM/UIM coverage but you can reject it in writing. If you buy it, the minimum coverage is $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident (15/30). The coverage pays your medical bills if a driver with little or no liability insurance hits you.
Optional Nevada auto insurance
Medical payments (MedPay)
Covers medical bills for you and your passengers no matter who was at fault. It will also pay your medical bills if you're a pedestrian and struck by a car, up to your MedPay limits.
For theft of your car or damage caused by hitting an animal, hail, flood, fire, vandalism, falling objects and explosions.
For damage to your car caused by hitting another car or an object, like a tree.
Pays for a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired after an accident.
You must show an insurance ID card (or other proof of financial responsibility) when:
- Law enforcement requests it
- You renew vehicle registration
Penalties for not having auto insurance in Nevada
- Misdemeanor, court may impose fine of not more than $1,000.
- Civil penalties of $600-$1,000 fine, suspension of license and registration
Source: Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
Consumer car insurance complaints
The Nevada department of insurance is in charge of handling complaints against insurance companies that operate in the state. Shown below are national complaint ratios for the largest auto insurance companies in Nevada. The ratio shows the level of complaints relative to a company's amount of business.
Updated June 14, 2018
Find a Nevada auto insurance agent
Boulder City Car Insurance | Carson City Car Insurance | Elko Car Insurance | Fernley Car Insurance | Henderson Car Insurance | Las Vegas Car Insurance | Mesquite Car Insurance | North Las Vegas Car Insurance | Reno Car Insurance | Sparks Car Insurance