Fast, Free Auto Insurance Quotes
About ProgressiveProgressive sells primarily auto insurance, which is about 86% of its business, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. Commercial auto insurance is about 8% of its business. Homeowners, renters and condo insurance is sold through Progressive's insurance agency but is provided by other insurance companies.
Progressive Insurance customer satisfaction ratings for auto insurance
|Overall rating||Price satisfaction||Customer service satisfaction|
Would you choose Progressive auto insurance again?
|Numbers might not total 100% due to rounding|
See rankings: Best car insurance companies
Progressive car insurance price comparison
Here's a look at how Progressive car insurance premiums compare to other large auto insurance companies.
|Company||Monthly premium paid|
|Source: Premiums reported by EverQuote users, based on policies with bodily injury liability coverage of 100/300. Rates are based on single vehicles with one driver who has a good driving record with no violations. Premiums for sedans, coupes and hatchbacks were averaged. Premiums are based on expenditures reported between Jan. 1, 2016, and April 1, 2018. Your own rates will be different.|
Consumer complaints against Progressive
Every state's insurance department handles complaints against insurers that operate in the state. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners collects complaint data and produces a complaint ratio. The number is meant to show the number of complaints relative to a company's size of business. The industry median ratio is 1.00 and lower numbers are better.
Progressive car insurance
In addition to regular personal auto insurance policies, here's a look at other Progressive auto insurance options.
|SR-22 insurance (proof of auto insurance filing)||Yes|
|Source: EverQuote research. Product options might not be available in all states.|
Progressive car insurance discounts
Here are some of the discounts offered by Progressive, based on our review of state insurance filings. Discounts might not be available in all states or from all Progressive subsidiaries.
Progressive discounts related to the drivers
- Homeowner discount.
- Mobile home discount.
- Three-year safe-driving discount.
- Five years accident-free or five years claim-free discount for new customers.
- Continuous insurance discount.
- Good driver/defensive driving course discount.
- Distant student discount (for full-time students living more than 100 miles from home without a car).
- Good student discount.
- Minor child or teen driver discount (for licensed drivers under age 19 on the policy).
- Senior/mature driver discount.
Progressive discounts related to the vehicle
- Smart technology discount (for factory-installed automatic emergency braking).
- Online quote discount.
- Paperless discount (for receiving policy documents electronically).
- Recovery device (anti-theft) discount.
- Passive restraint.
- Anti-lock brakes.
- Daytime running lights.
- Airbag discount.
Progressive discounts related to the purchase
- Advance shop days (for initiating a quote a certain number of days before the policy effective date).
- Paid in full discount.
- Electronic funds transfer discount.
- Automatic card-payment discount.
- Multi-car discount.
- Multi-policy discount.
Companies within Progressive
Many insurance companies have several subsidiaries. These subsidiaries may not operate in all states and could focus on different types of customers or business. Progressive's subsidiaries include:
- Progressive Direct Insurance Co.
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Co.
- United Financial Casualty Co.
- Progressive Northern Insurance Co.
- Progressive Northwestern Insurance
- American Strategic Insurance Corp.
- Progressive Specialty Insurance Co.
- Progressive Preferred Insurance Co.
- Progressive American Insurance Co.
- Progressive Advanced Insurance Co.
- Progressive Select Insurance Co.
- Progressive Marathon Insurance Co.
- Progressive Max Insurance Co.
- Progressive Michigan Insurance Co.
- Progressive Universal Insurance Co.
- Progressive Classic Insurance Co.
- ASI Lloyds
- Progressive Mountain Insurance Co.
- Progressive Gulf Insurance Co.
- Progressive Premier Insurance Co.
- Progressive Southeastern Insurance
- Mountain Laurel Assurance Co.
- Progressive Garden State Insurance
- Progressive Hawaii Insurance Corp.
- Artisan & Truckers Casualty Co
- National Continental Insurance Co.
- Progressive Express Insurance Co.
- Progressive Paloverde Insurance Co.
- Progressive Security Insurance Co.
- ASI Assurance Corp.
- Progressive Bayside Insurance Co.
- Progressive Property Insurance Co.
- Drive New Jersey Insurance Co.
- ASI Preferred Insurance Corp.
- Progressive West Insurance Co.
- ASI Select Insurance Corp.
- ASI Select Auto Insurance Corp
- ASI Home Insurance Corp.
- Blue Hill Specialty Insurance Co.
- Progressive Commercial Casualty Co.
- Progressive Choice Insurance Co.
- Progressive Freedom Insurance Co.
- Progressive County Mutual Insurance Co.
Source: S&P Global Market Intelligence
Progressive Insurance contact information
6300 Wilson Mills Road
Mayfield, OH 44143
Customer service and claims: (800) 776-4737
Methodology for ratings
For star ratings and whether customers would choose the company again, EverQuote commissioned a survey of 150 current customers of Progressive in March 2018. The survey was not open to the public on EverQuote.com.
Updated Oct. 19, 2018