Fast, Free Auto Insurance Quotes
About ProgressiveProgressive sells primarily auto insurance, which is about 86% of its business, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. Commercial auto insurance is about 8% of its business. Homeowners, renters and condo insurance is sold through Progressive's insurance agency but is provided by other insurance companies.
Progressive Insurance customer satisfaction ratings for auto insurance
|Overall rating||Price satisfaction||Customer service satisfaction|
Would you choose Progressive again for auto insurance?
|Numbers might not total 100% due to rounding|
See rankings: Best car insurance companies
Progressive car insurance price comparison
Here's a look at how car insurance premiums compare among Progressive Insurance and other large auto insurance companies.
|Company||Monthly premium paid|
|Source: Premiums reported by EverQuote users, based on policies with bodily injury liability coverage of 100/300. Rates are based on single vehicles with one driver who has a good driving record with no violations. Premiums for sedans, coupes and hatchbacks were averaged. Premiums are based on expenditures reported between Jan. 1, 2016, and April 1, 2018. Your own rates will be different.|
Consumer complaints against Progressive
Every state's insurance department handles complaints against insurers that operate in the state. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners collects complaint data and produces a complaint ratio. The number is meant to show the number of complaints relative to a company's size of business. The industry median ratio is 1.00 and lower numbers are better.
Companies within Progressive
Many insurance companies have several subsidiaries. These subsidiaries may not operate in all states and could focus on different types of customers or business. Progressive's subsidiaries include:
- Progressive Direct Insurance Co.
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Co.
- United Financial Casualty Co.
- Progressive Northern Insurance Co.
- Progressive Northwestern Insurance
- American Strategic Insurance Corp.
- Progressive Specialty Insurance Co.
- Progressive Preferred Insurance Co.
- Progressive American Insurance Co.
- Progressive Advanced Insurance Co.
- Progressive Select Insurance Co.
- Progressive Marathon Insurance Co.
- Progressive Max Insurance Co.
- Progressive Michigan Insurance Co.
- Progressive Universal Insurance Co.
- Progressive Classic Insurance Co.
- ASI Lloyds
- Progressive Mountain Insurance Co.
- Progressive Gulf Insurance Co.
- Progressive Premier Insurance Co.
- Progressive Southeastern Insurance
- Mountain Laurel Assurance Co.
- Progressive Garden State Insurance
- Progressive Hawaii Insurance Corp.
- Artisan & Truckers Casualty Co
- National Continental Insurance Co.
- Progressive Express Insurance Co.
- Progressive Paloverde Insurance Co.
- Progressive Security Insurance Co.
- ASI Assurance Corp.
- Progressive Bayside Insurance Co.
- Progressive Property Insurance Co.
- Drive New Jersey Insurance Co.
- ASI Preferred Insurance Corp.
- Progressive West Insurance Co.
- ASI Select Insurance Corp.
- ASI Select Auto Insurance Corp
- ASI Home Insurance Corp.
- Blue Hill Specialty Insurance Co.
- Progressive Commercial Casualty Co.
- Progressive Choice Insurance Co.
- Progressive Freedom Insurance Co.
- Progressive County Mutual Insurance Co.
Source: S&P Global Market Intelligence
Progressive Insurance contact information
6300 Wilson Mills Road
Mayfield, OH 44143
Customer service and claims: (800) 776-4737
Methodology for ratings
For star ratings and whether customers would choose the company again, EverQuote commissioned a survey of 150 current customers of Progressive in March 2018. The survey was not open to the public on EverQuote.com.
Posted May 18, 2018